All key building elements are modular and manufactured off-site. On-site, these prefabricated elements are assembled in a seven-step system as follows:
1. Foundations: Screw-pile foundations for use in any ground conditions.
2. Staircase: Hot-rolled steel structure provides structural stability and eliminates the need for scaffolding.
3. Horizontal Panels: Main component of the system which is used as a floor cassette. It also gives safe work access at each level during construction.
4. Vertical Panels: Arranged to allow flexible internal layout.
5. Service Panels: Pre-installed with both wet and dry services.
6. Facade Panels: Provides excellent thermal U-value and external finishing can be varied to suit local context & climate.
7. Roof: Provides a wide surface for PV installation.
- To urgently address the housing shortage through fast track sustainable assembly
- To create high-quality, desirable homes – and communities
- To enable more ‘off grid’ living
Image: Rapid Construction process from Day 0 – Day 5
This fast-track, high quality system cuts down on-site construction time dramatically and delivers a multitude of other environmental and cost benefits.
No Concrete, No Waste and No Water in construction
- Greatly reduced energy consumption through integrated green energy sources
- Optimised build schedule, 3 x faster than traditional construction methods
- Much reduced CO2 emissions through optimized transport
- Use of recycled materials
- Assembly system creates a safer working environment for construction staff.
- Lightweight, ergonomic system
- Increased thermal and acoustic insulation
- High resistance against strong winds and flooding